Sunday, February 1, 2015

Levels of Organization

I prefer to use project based learning for my students because I feel that when they have to create something they think about what is in front of them and they tend to recall the concepts better and understand them better than if they simply read or work on a worksheet......so keeping that in mind I try to turn many of the science concepts into projects.

One concept that I think they learn best through a project is Levels of Organization. I place the students in groups of 4-6 and I provide them with pictures that represent each level. The students then have to use the pictures to create a large poster using the pictures and butcher paper or they have to create a mobile. The students in the Pre-AP classes are required to create a mobile and the other students are provided with extra credit for creating a mobile. I also have the students provide an analogy to other levels of organization such as: letter, word, sentence, paragraph, page, book, library, etc.






No comments:

Post a Comment