Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine cards in the science class #2

So I gave out all of the Valentine cards on Friday (except to 7th period I totally forgot them but they will get theirs on Tuesday) I wanted to share this with everyone so you can use it next year if you would like to.

This year I worked with the ELAR teachers, who gave me the foursquare that I put on the back of the assignment.

Here is the prompt I created:


Adaptation Expository Essay

READ the following quotation

“Only those who are able to adapt to changing scenarios will continue to survive and prosper.” Vishwas Chavan


THINK carefully about the following statement.

Organisms must be able to adapt to their environments or they will become extinct.

WRITE an essay explaining what type of environment your monster comes from and how they had to adapt to survive in that environment.

Be sure to –
• clearly state your controlling idea
• organize and develop your explanation effectively
• choose your words carefully
• use correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, grammar, and sentences  

 The foursquare on the back is a writing tool that allows the students to brainstorm before writing. I can provide that to anyone who requests it.

Here are some pictures of how the assignment looked with the cards:



I will post an update once/if I start getting them back. Last year I received about half of them back but the assignment was much simpler, so we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment