Sunday, October 25, 2015

Lab Safety brings in supplies

This post is extremely late since I did this project at the very beginning of the year. Unfortunately, I continue to struggle with my career this year and the October death month has been even more difficult for me than usual. However, I do continue to push forward, I assign projects (even though fewer and fewer students are completing them) and then I assign alternate projects and alternate, alternate projects. I must say though that with this project I had an ulterior motive, I wanted more tissues for my classroom because allergy season and cold and flu season are no joke  in a classroom. I thought I would combine the project with a blatant push for supplies in order to get a few of the tissues I need.

Basically I asked the students to provide me with a tissue box that had lab safety information on 5 sides of the box. On the short opposing sides they had to write and draw or paste a picture about the do's and don'ts of lab safety then on the long opposing sides they had to write and draw or paste a picture about what they can and cannot wear in lab. On the bottom they had to write all of the lab safety rules from their lab safety contract. I made an example that I had in the classroom and on my school website. Here are some pics of my project:







No comments:

Post a Comment