Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Walkabout Notes

There are many times in 7th grade science where we are introducing a new topic that the students have never seen before so we begin the unit with vocabulary and notes. Sometimes I go over the power point with the students and have them fill in their notes so that I can give them examples throughout the power point. Other times I put the notes on a Prezi, have the students fill in the blanks at home and then we have an in class discussion about them. When the unit is not as exciting to the students as they would like then I offer "Walkabout Notes."

For "Walkabout Notes" I print out the power point and then I put the slides up all over my room. I do not put the slides in order but I often group certain like concepts together in sections of the room. I provide the students with the fill in the blanks notes and I let them walk about the room to find the words that they will use to fill in the blanks. I also put up ten questions with the notes that range in Blooms level. The students answer the questions in their notebook on the page where they will glue their notes, then they glue down the notes so they can flip them up and see the questions underneath. I will then discuss the notes and the questions with the class. I also have a few copies of the power point printed as slides (3 per sheet) in case students cannot find something or if they are struggling with proper class etiquette.

Here are some pictures of how I arrange the notes:






No comments:

Post a Comment